Running a Successful Florist BusinessA Florist, Like any business (New or Old), Requires hard work, love and dedication.
Here are some helpful points to keep your florist on track.
- On-line presence and reputation is critical – Stay on top of all marketing – Google – check your stats and improve with blogs (keyword written), new text or images regularly. Write back to reviews – the good and the bad, update Google + pages to increase Google maps place.
- Low Cost Marketing – Check out social media ads, Google Adwords
- No Cost Marketing – Join local community’s online, get your florists name out there.
- Statements – Cross check all statements, ensure your money is going into your bank account from your online payment gateway and from PayPal, strive to survive in this economic climate and negotiate new deals on old accounts like payment gateways & credit card processing acquiring banks.
- Delivery Confirmations – are practically expected by customers these days as a part of basic customer service.
- Check your work – Have someone check on all designs that leave the store.
- Handling complaints – create an action plan for your staff so everyone feels empowered to help that occasional sour customer with a smile and grace.
- Record keeping – it’s essential to predict future years – keep notes on sales, prices, weather.
- Planning – Make a game plan weeks before any holiday for staffing, buying, and marketing.
- Know of your competition – See what the relay systems and other florists in your area are offering and offer up something unique and/or comparable.
- Keep Shops Clean and clutter free and make sure everything is clearly prices
- Share information – don’t be afraid to ask other florists who they get their supplies from.
- Check invoices – to be sure you are paying a reasonable price for your supplies and check each delivery to be sure you have received everything you paid for. Mistakes happen!
- Know what you are paying – and what you need to charge with your mark-up . Be sure your staff knows this too!
This article was posted by: